The Upside to Downsizing
Thinking about downsizing the family home can be a daunting experience, yet there are plenty of benefits that come with embracing change – as more Australians are beginning to realise. Research from the Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute has found that over half of older Australians who move house over the age of 50 opt for a smaller property – the majority seeking an easier lifestyle and less maintenance stress.
Here are some of the benefits moving into an apartment to consider:
- You get a fresh start. While letting go of sentimental possessions and your home can be hard at first, the processes can also be liberating. Downsizing can free up cash flow, space and time for the things you enjoy – from travel and spending time with family, to exploring new activities or hobbies.
- Less maintenance. Downsizing can significantly reduce the time and effort spent on home maintenance. For examples, communal gardens and smaller backyards to look after, as well as fewer bedrooms, mean less daily housework.
- Cuts down costs. The financial benefits of downsizing are extensive. Think reduced utility bills and insurance costs, and less money needed for upkeep. Additionally, any profits made from the sale of your house can reduce financial stress in years to come.
- Simpler to get around. Swapping stairs or garden path steps for a lift or an apartment on the ground floor can make moving around your home safer and easier.
- Location, location, location. Moving might mean being closer to family or friends, or being part of a community. You might also want a centrally located apartment or unit closer to amenities such as public transport to make everything from attending doctor appointments to gym classes more manageable.
We have one and two bedroom apartments ready to move in available at Como and Duncraig start from just $395,000
For more details on the available apartments, or book a private viewing, go to: